Commuting Students may reserve a locker for a semester in the Ohio Union. Located near the Sigma Phi Epsilon Commuter Lounge on the third floor, the locker area features:
- BuckID swipe access to the locker room anytime the Ohio Union is open.
- 62 lockers (12 tall lockers and 50 "bus station" sized lockers).
- Free use with OCCSS providing the lock (no personal locks are permitted).
- Lockers are available on a "first come first served" basis at the start of each semester.
To reserve a locker for the semester please:
- report to Off-Campus and Commuter Student Services (OCCSS) in 3106 Ohio Union starting at 8:00 a.m. the first day of each semester, and bring your BuckID.
- Lockers often become fully reserved within the first few hours, so be sure to arrive as close to opening as possible.
Things to consider:
- Ohio Union lockers: students are asked to return their loaned lock to OCCSS.
- Younkin Success Center Lockers: students are also able to reseve lockers at the Younkin Success center for the semester. Please visit their website or call 614-292-4400 for more information.
- Lockers cannot be pre-reserved or reserved for students by other students.
- All lockers must be vacated at the end of each semester.
The commuter kitchen is located in room 3001B of the Ohio Union, located directly next to the Sigma Phi Epsilon Commuter Lounge on the third floor.
It is a convenient way to store your lunch, snacks and a beverage while on campus.
- two large full refrigerators
- two microwave ovens
- a sink with garbage disposal
- full cabinets and counter tops
All Ohio State students are eligible for access to the Commuter Kitchen.
To gain access to the Commuter Kitchen, visit our office (3106 Ohio Union) with your BuckID, fill out a kitchen access form, and our staff will encode your BuckID for access.
Access to the Commuter Kitchen may be granted for the academic year ending in the summer.
Lounges and Restaurants
The Ohio Union is a great homebase for commuters and features the following:
University Dining Services offers a variety of food options for commuters as well.
Commuters students may purchase a "commuter meal plan" through University Dining Services. The plan is great for eating on campus 3-5 times per week and places money on the spending side of your BuckID. Visit Dining Service's website for more info at dining.osu.edu.
You can also find other places to study and hang-out while on campus!
- Nineteen libraries offer ample study space
- The Younkin Success Center offers study space and tutoring
- Recreation and Physical Activity Center (RPAC) offers workout facilities and lots of places to meet and study
- Find a place YOU like... Ohio State has lots of buildings and green spaces that offer tons of places to meet, talk and study... so explore campus and find a place where you feel comfortable.
Download a copy of the "Commuter Kitchen Policies and Procedures" to the right for more information.
Please email Off-Campus and Commuter Student Services at email@example.com with any questions.
As a student at OSU you have access to both the COTA, or Central Ohio Transit Authority, and the CABS, or Campus Area Bus Service, bus systems. They are free to you as students and are resources to easily get you around.
Visit the COTA website for more information on the Columbus bus system, including maps and real-time tracking.
- Routes that go by OSU: 1, 2, 8, 22, 31, and Nightowl
Visit the CABS website for more information on the campus bus system, including maps and real-time tracking.
- Routes include Campus Loop North (CLN), Campus Loop South (CLS), East Residential (ER), North Express (NE), Buckeye Village (BV), and Med Center Express (MC).
Rideshare & Carpool
Off-Campus and Commuter Student Services offers a carpooling service utilizing our searches and program registration. With these services you:
- Save on gas money
- Have company on your drive to and from campus
- Make friends and commute long distances for trips
To utilize this service, sign in with your OSU credentials on our program registration page.