University District Tree Trimming!
Move Your Car: Off-Campus Tree Trimming Begins May 9
Beginning May 9 and continuing through May 19, tree trimming will occur Monday through Friday in the off-campus, area east of High Street, from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Work will occur on both sides of the street. Parking and adjacent sidewalks will be closed during work hours. Vehicles remaining in these areas will be impounded and towed at the owner’s expense. Signage will be posted in advance of the closures so that motorists and pedestrians can plan accordingly. These efforts support safety enhancements like improved lighting and neighborhood restoration, as recommended by Security Risk Management Consultants.
May Tree Trimming Schedule (8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- May 9
- Indianola, between Chittenden and 15th
- May 10 – 11
- 13th, between Summit and N. Pearl
- May 12 – 13
- 15th, between Summit and Indianola
- May 16 – 17
- 15th, between Indianola and N. Pearl
- May 18
- Woodruff, between Waldeck and Tuller
- Frambes, between Waldeck and Tuller
- May 19
- Lane, between Tuller and Indianola
- Lane, between Summit and Indianola
- May 19
- Indianola, between Frambes and Lane
Additional information about parking in the University District is available online.
If alternate parking becomes an issue off-campus, drivers may consider purchasing a daily campus parking permit. Parking on campus overnight would require two daily passes.
If you believe your car has been impounded because it was parked in a posted tree trimming area, you may search your vehicle online or contact the city impound lot at 614-645-6400.