Commuting students may reserve a locker for a semester in the Ohio Union. Located near the Sigma Phi Epsilon Commuter Lounge on the third floor, the locker area features:
- BuckID swipe access to the locker room anytime the Ohio Union is open
- 64 lockers
- Complimentary use with a lock provided by OCCSE, no personal locks are permitted
- Lockers are available on a "first come first served" basis starting at 8:00am on the first day of classes each semester
Things to consider:
- Students are asked to return their loaned lock back to OCCSE
- Students are also able to reserve lockers at the Younkin Success Center for the semester. Visit their website or call 614-292-4400 for more information
- Lockers cannot be pre-reserved or reserved for students by other students
- All lockers must be vacated at the end of each semester
The commuter kitchen is located in room 3001B of the Ohio Union, located directly next to the Sigma Phi Epsilon Commuter Lounge on the third floor. It is a convenient way to store your lunch, snacks and a beverage while on campus.
- Two large full refrigerators
- Two microwave ovens
- A sink with a garbage disposal
- Full cabinets and countertops for meal prep and storage
All Ohio State students are eligible for access to the Commuter Kitchen. To gain access to the Commuter Kitchen, click here, and our staff will encode your BuckID for access. Access to the Commuter Kitchen may be granted for the academic year ending in the summer. Please email Willie J. Young Sr. Off-Campus and Commuter Student Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Lounges and Restaurants
The Ohio Union is a great home base for commuters and features the following:
Student Life University Dining Services offers a variety of on-campus dining locations and commuters students may purchase an Off-Campus Dining Plan.
You can also find other places to study and hang out while on campus:
As an Ohio State student, you have access to both the Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) and the Campus Area Bus Service (CABS) transit systems.
- Visit the COTA website for more information about the Columbus transit system, including maps and real-time tracking.
- Routes that service the Ohio State Columbus campus: 1, 2, 8, 22, 31, and NightOWL
New Sanitization Practices (Here is a link to a video)
Because mobility is essential to our lives, we are going the extra mile to protect you with daily sanitization procedures that exceed industry standards using virus-killing disinfectants and the cutting-edge technology of long-lasting antimicrobial coatings. This innovative approach is applied to each transit vehicle through spraying, fogging and intensely cleaning every surface to allow us to keep moving forward together.
In April, COTA began providing new service to better meet the mobility needs of our customers while reducing demands on employees. Service has become consistent 7-days a week. We are constantly evaluating demand to best serve our community. Most current schedules can be found at https://www.cota.com/major-service-change-announcements/
Visit the CABS website for more information on the campus bus system, including maps and real-time tracking.
- Routes include Campus Loop North (CLN), Campus Loop South (CLS), East Residential (ER), North Express (NE), and Med Center Express (MC).